This professional development offering welcomes educators who want to think deeper and in the community, about outdoor play, curriculum, and natural environments! ECE educators who have previously participated in the Connecting Children to Nature projects and PLC are encouraged to continue with us.
Our Learning Objectives include::
- Promote rich discussions and deeper thinking about outdoor learning in a collaborative format.
- Connect your vision and your role with ways to support and engage in outdoor learning.
- Develop teaching practices that honor social justice, equity, and inclusive connection to nature for all children and educators.
- Experience a reflective, creative process to provide creative, accessible, and developmentally engaging outdoor learning experiences.
- Share and celebrate your learning with other educators.
- Share resources and innovative ways to create outdoor learning spaces.
This PLC meets as a group for 1.5 hours on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Most sessions will take place over zoom; and 1-2 sessions will be “field trips” experiences for hands-on learning. Focus coaching may be available to support this learning onsite.
Professional Learning Community
9/13/2023, 10/11/2023, 11/8/2023, 12/13/2023, 2/14/2024, 3/13/2024, 4/10/2024, 5/8/2024, 6/12/2024
*The schedule provided may change; you will be informed if changes are made.
- Sara Sutherland, Instructional Coach & Trainer
- Yudy Larraburo, Instructional Coach & Trainer
- In partnership with Department of Early Childhood.