All humans have the extraordinary ability to speak many languages. Come learn more about how you, as an early childhood educator, can support children and their families in their journey to acquiring one, two, or more languages!
- Gain a deeper understanding about dual language acquisition.
- Discuss the connection between language and culture.
- Identify best practices to enhance oral language and literacy.
- Share strategies to engage with diverse families.
- Plan for individual language needs in their classrooms.
- Create a “language plan” for their classroom.
- Practice ways to engage children even when you don’t speak their language.
- Familiarize themselves with the Head Start DLL Program Assessment Tool
INFORMATION: these workshops will be delivered in ENGLISH and SPANISH via zoom. Links will be sent to participants one week prior to the workshop. Participants must attend all three workshops to receive PD credits.
Also available: Professional Learning Communities (PLCS) in English and Spanish from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Open to all educators who have attended this training in the past. 11/01/23, 11/15/23, 01/17/24, 03/21/24 , 04/17/24 and 05/15/24